All aspects of plasterboarding:
- Boarding: Install boards to new ceilings or stud walls.
- Overboarding: Install boards over the top of an existing ceiling or stud wall which are in a poor or weak condition, or are heavily textured.
- Re boarding: Remove and dispose of un-repairable ceiling or stud wall (Usually following water damage) and install new boards.
- Dot and dab: Install boards level directly onto brick or block work with a drywall adhesive (The alternative method to float and set)
Partition walls: A range from basic space division through to high performance fire or impact resistant, and sound insulation.
Different types of plasterboard can be used dependant on your requirements or project specification such as:
1. Standard (Standard board, Mostly used when no particular specification is required)
2. Thermaline (Thermal board, Used in both refurbishment and new build where a level of additional thermal insulation is required)
3. Fireline (Fire resistant board, Usually installed on integral garage ceilings, ceilings between flats, and Structural steels to give increased fire protection)
4. Soundbloc (Sound insulating board, Where greater levels of sound insulation are required. Used for space division in hotels, schools, hospitals, conference centres, shops and residential units)
5. Moisture resistant (Moisture resistant board, Can be used as a base for tiling in wet use areas)
6. Duraline (Impact resistant board, Designed to give greater impact resistance in heavy use areas)
7. Duplex (Where vapour control and a plasterboard lining are required)
Artex removal: Artex is removed, Ceilings or walls sealed, then re skimmed, leaving a smooth, and spacious look.
Skimming: New boarded ceilings or walls are taped and skimmed to an immaculate finish.
Re skimming: Existing ceilings or walls with minor or cosmetic damage are sealed then re skimmed to revitalise and smarten up tired looking rooms.
Repairs: Various repair work such as holes in ceilings, building alterations, or wall chases following electrical work are easily patched up, and feathered in, leaving a perfect finish for decoration.
Float & Set: Two coats of a suitable backing plaster are applied to brick or block work, then keyed, and skimmed to leave a solid wall.
Coving: Professionally fitted coving gives a sleek, contemporary finish to any room.
0115 8403 532
07743 935 567